Meet Zoey Deutch—the latest it girl in Tinsel Town. Deutch is an actress, model, and filmmaker known for her natural beauty and effortless style.
Get to know American actress and fashionista, Zoey Deutch! She has starred in various films, from comedy to romance to action and drama.
Her unique outlook on fashion has made her a rising fashion icon in Hollywood. Her style is always on trend – combining edgy looks with classic pieces and statement pieces that make her stand out from the crowd.
Get inspired by Zoey’s fashion and rock the same effortless cool look she does!
Zoey Deutch Rose To Stardome
Zoey Deutch is steadily and boldly building her work with dynamic roles as both actor and producer.
Below are the movies and series that launched her career:
- Deutch can be seen starring and executive producing Amazon Prime Video’s Something from Tiffany’s (2022), an adaptation of Melissa Hill’s novel of the same name. Produced alongside Reese Witherspoon’s production company, Hello Sunshine, the film was released on December 9, 2022.
- Deutch appeared in two episodes of the ABC Family drama “Switched at Birth.”
- Following key roles in teen-soap satire “Vampire Academy” (2014)
- “Dirty Grandpa” (2016)
- “Everybody Wants Some” (2016), Deutch received solid praise for her role in Richard Linklater’s ensemble comedy.
- Rebel in the Rye (2017) opposite Nicholas Hoult
- Before I Fall (2017), the adaptation of the 2010 young adult novel of the same name
- Why Him? (2016) alongside James Franco and Bryan Cranston and directed by John Hamburg
- Dirty Grandpa (2016) opposite Robert De Niro and Zac Efron and directed by Dan Mazer
- Vincent N Roxxy (2016) opposite Emile Hirsch and Zoe Kravitz
- Good Kids (2016) opposite Julia Garner, Nicholas Braun, and Day Okenvivi
- Beautiful Creatures (2013) opposite Alden Ehrenreich; and The Weinstein Company’s
- Vampire Academy (2014) garnered her a Teen Choice Award nomination in the “Choice Movie Actress: Comedy” category.
- She starred in Ryan Murphy’s Netflix series The Politician (2019) alongside Ben Platt and Gwyneth Paltrow. The first season received a Golden Globe nomination for “Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy.”
- The Outfit (2022), She also served as executive producer and Focus Features’ crime drama opposite Mark Rylance and Dylan O’Brien.
- Her performance as “Mable Shaun” garnered her a 2022 BIFA nomination in the “Best Supporting Performance category.”
- Additional credits include Magnolia Pictures’ dramedy, Buffaloed (2019), which Deutch also executively produced.
- Sony Pictures Zombieland: Double Tap (2019) alongside Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson
- Netflix’s Set It Up (2018).
- In Searchlight Pictures’ satire, Not Okay (2022), Deutch was seen as an executive producer.
- Focus Features’ crime drama The Outfit (2022), opposite Mark Rylance and Dylan O’Brien. Her performance as “Mable Shaun” garnered her a 2022 BIFA nomination in the “Best Supporting Performance category.”
Getting To Know Zoey Deutch: The It Girl of Tinsel Town
The actress, 28, is the daughter of Lea Thompson but has proven herself as a charming star in her own right over the past decade. It’s no wonder that Reese Witherspoon tapped Deutch to star in and executive produce Something From Tiffany’s, a warm-hearted holiday rom-com based on Melissa Hill’s novel of the same name.
Early Career and Breakthrough Role
Deutch began acting when she was 16 and quickly gained notoriety for her role as Maya Bennett on the Disney Channel show The Suite Life on Deck.
She later appeared in several other projects, including Ringer and Switched at Birth, but it wasn’t until 2014 that she truly made a name for herself with a starring role in Vampire Academy. The film was not well received by critics, but it established Deutch as an actress to watch out for.
Zoey was born in Los Angeles, California, to parents Lea Thompson, an actress best known for her role in “Back to the Future” and Howard Deutch, a film director.
Despite having parents well-versed in the entertainment industry, Zoey decided to make her way—starting as an extra on television shows such as “Criminal Minds” at 12.
From there, she landed minor roles on popular shows like “The Suite Life On Deck” and “Ringer” before taking a break from acting to focus on her education.
She graduated from Oakwood School in California before returning to acting full-time with a role on Disney Channel’s hit show “The Suite Life Movie.”
Becoming A Young Hollywood Icon
From there, Zoey went on to star in several popular films, such as Richard Linklater’s coming-of-age comedy “Everybody Wants Some!!” and Mark Waters’ supernatural teen flick “Vampire Academy.”
Her most significant break came when she was cast as the lead girl opposite Nicholas Hoult and Emma Roberts in Vince Vaughn’s comedy “Dirty Grandpa.” She earned rave reviews for her performance that showcased her comedic timing and charm.
This role helped launch her into Hollywood stardom, leading to an ever-growing list of upcoming projects, including Netflix’s dark comedy series “The Politician” starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Platt.
Rise To Stardom
In 2017, Deutch took part in two major Hollywood productions that further cemented her status as an up-and-coming star—Before I Fall and Set It Up. Both films were commercial successes that earned positive reviews from critics.
She then appeared in another box office hit with 2018’s Why Him? Featuring James Franco and Bryan Cranston. Most recently, she starred opposite Glenn Close in the critically acclaimed film Hillbilly Elegy.
Achieving Success Across Platforms
Aside from appearing on the big screen, she also seems on Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Politician.
She has also found success on Broadway with a starring role in Kenneth Lonergan’s play This Is Our Youth alongside Michael Cera and Kieran Culkin. In addition to acting, Deutch has been involved in several philanthropic endeavors and recently founded the charity organization “The Zoey & Nick Foundation” along with her brother Nick Deutch.
Deutch has been busy since then, appearing in various films, including Why Him?, Flower, Buffaloed, Zombieland: Double Tap, and The Politician. Her latest project is the television series The Politician which follows Payton Hobart (played by Ben Platt) as he navigates his way through the cutthroat world of high school politics. Deutch plays Infinity Jackson—Payton’s adversary—in the show.
The show has been a hit with viewers thanks to its witty dialogue and colorful characters—of which Deutch is one! In addition to acting, she also serves as an executive producer for the show alongside Ryan Murphy (Glee), Brad Falchuk (American Horror Story), and Ian Brennan (Glee).
Since making her big-screen debut, Zoey Deutch has established herself as one of Hollywood’s most sought-after young actors.
With several projects under her belt—including starring roles in movies like Set It Up and television shows like The Politician—she continues to prove why she will be around for years to come!
Whether you are already familiar with her work or just getting to know this up-and-coming starlet, now is an excellent time to get acquainted with all that Zoey Deutch has to offer!