Academy Award-winning actor Matt Damon is set to star in a new Nike film with his longtime friend and collaborator Ben Affleck.
Matt was seen getting his makeup touched on set before Ben gave him a few notes and directions before the cameras started rolling. In the upcoming film, Matt will play the role of former Nike executive Sonny Vaccarro.
The Hollywood Reporter reports that Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are working together on a new film about former Nike executive Sonny Vaccaro and Nike co-founder Phil Knight trying to sign Michael Jordan to an endorsement deal in the 1980s.
Matt Damon’s new movie is a story about Nike’s longshot attempt to sign superstar basketball player Michael Jordan to its shoe company in the mid-eighties as Nike co-founder Phil Knight. At the time, the endorsement seemed impossible, but thanks to the maverick sneaker salesman, it would become the most significant relationship between an athletic brand and an athlete ever.”
Vaccarro’s efforts to snag a shoe deal with Jordan during his legendary NBA career are the subject of the untitled Amazon film. On the other hand, Jordan will not be portrayed in the movie and will remain an unnamed character.
Matt Damon Filmography
Matt Damon is an American actor, screenwriter, and producer. He began acting in supporting roles after his film debut in Mystic Pizza. His first leading role was in the legal drama The Rainmaker.
He made his breakthrough in the psychological movie Good Will Hunting, which he co-wrote with Ben Affleck.
The screenplay won the Best Original Screenplay Oscar, and Damon was nominated for Best Actor.
He appeared in the box office hit Saving Private Ryan and The Talented Mr. Ripley.
Damon and Sean Bailey collaborated on the television show Project Greenlight, where they assisted newcomers in making their first film.
He serves as an executive producer on several projects directed by series winners.
Damon became a star in two lucrative film franchises. In four Bourne films, he played a con man in the Ocean’s Trilogy and the titular spy Jason Bourne.
Damon co-starred in the drama film Gerry with Casey Affleck. He played an energy analyst in the thriller Syriana and starred in the Academy Award-winning film The Departed.
Invictus, in which he played rugby player Francois Pienaar, was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
He received further acclaim for his collaborations with Soderbergh on the films The Informant! and Behind the Candelabra.
In the former, he played a whistleblower, and in the latter, he played Liberace’s disgruntled lover, for which he received an Emmy nomination.
Matthew Paige Damon was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on October 8, 1970. His father, Kent Telfer Damon, was a stockbroker, realtor, and tax preparer.
His mother, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, is an early childhood education professor at Lesley University. Damon has an older brother named Kyle, who is a sculptor.
Damon was raised a Catholic in Newton, Massachusetts. He has said that being a Catholic has influenced his career choices.
Damon attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, where he was a talented wrestler and actor. He was named the Best Actor in the school’s theater festival for his performance as Harpo Marx in a play based on the Marx Brothers’ film Duck Soup.
He graduated from high school in 1988 and attended Harvard University, where he was a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity. He dropped out after one semester to focus on his acting career.
Damon has been married to Luciana Bozán Barroso since 2005. They have three daughters together: Isabella, Gia, and Stella.
Damon is a supporter of the Democratic Party. In 2012, he campaigned for Barack Obama’s re-election.
In 2017, Damon spoke out against sexual harassment in Hollywood in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
In 2018, Damon voiced his support for the Times Up movement.
Damon is a Friend of the Environment and an outspoken advocate for environmental causes. In 2010, he narrated the documentary—the 11th Hour, which discusses the state of the environment.
In 2014, Damon was named a United Nations Messenger of Peace.
Matt Damon’s Movies
Matt Damon’s new films:
- Mystic Pizza( 1988)- He followed that with a supporting role in the romantic comedy Field of Dreams.
- Les Cousins Dangereux (1990)
- Crossroads (1990)
- Damon had a small role in the film School Ties (1992)
- Geronimo: An American Legend (1993)
- The Rainmaker(1993)- Based on the John Grisham novel of the same name, the film earned Damon a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor.
- Good Will Hunting (1997)- The film was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $225 million worldwide.
- Saving Private Ryan (1998)
- The Talented Mr. Ripley(1999)
- The Legend of Bagger Vance(2000)- He played a golf prodigy who a mysterious stranger mentored.
- Ocean’s Trilogy (2001)
- Martin Scorsese (2004)
- Steven Soderbergh (2005)
- The Good Shepherd (2006)- He played Edward Wilson, a CIA agent struggling to find the mole within the agency.
- Burn After Reading (2007)- He played a gym employee who found a memoir written by a former CIA analyst (John Malkovich).
- The Adjustment Bureau (2009)- He is a man who discovers that a group of people is manipulating the events of his life.
- The Conspirator (2010)
- Haywire (2011)- He played a black ops agent who is betrayed and left for dead by his colleagues.
- Elysium (2012)- He played a man who was struggling to survive on a dystopian Earth.
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)- He played a stockbroker who is involved in a securities fraud case.
- Interstellar (2014)- He played an astronaut sent on a mission through space to find a new home for humanity.
- The Martian (2015)- He played an astronaut stranded on Mars who must find a way to survive.
- Jason Bourne( 2016)- He reprised his role as Jason Bourne, an amnesiac trying to uncover his true identity.
- Suburbicon (2017)- He played a man who was caught up in a criminal conspiracy.
- Downsizing (2018)- He played a man who decided to shrink himself to save money.
- Ford v Ferrari (2019)- He played a car designer who helped create a race car for Ford to compete against Ferrari.
- The Last Duel( 2020)- He played a 14th-century knight accused of rape by a squire (Ben Affleck). The Last Duel is a Ridley Scott movie about a historical duel in medieval times. It’s the first movie since Good Will Hunting to be written by and star both Matt Damon and Ben Affleck together, along with Adam Driver and Jodie Comer playing lead roles. Following the film’s release, let’s see what fans thought of the historical drama.
- Matt Damon’s new film ‘Stillwater’ (2021)- is an enjoyable throwback. Despite missteps, Amanda Knox blasts Matt Damon and Tom McCarthy for distorting her story in ‘Stillwater’ The plot of “Stillwater” indeed resembles Knox’s situation as it follows an American father, Bill Baker (Damon), attempting to free his daughter Allison (Abigail Breslin) from a European prison. Amanda Knox, whose time spent in an Italian prison on murder charges, is a loose basis for the plot of “Stillwater.”
- Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
- The Midnight Sky (2023)- He will play a scientist trying to warn astronauts about a global catastrophe.
- The Great Wall(2024)- He will play a European stranded in China and must help defend the Great Wall of China from monsters.
Matt Damon’s Net Worth
Matt Damon has a net worth of $170 million. He has earned his fortune through his successful career as an actor, screenwriter, and producer.
Damon has starred in many commercially successful films, such as the Bourne series, Ocean’s Eleven, and The Martian. He has also earned critical acclaim for his work on films such as Good Will Hunting and The Talented Mr. Ripley.
In addition to his work in film, Damon has also appeared in several successful television shows, such as Entourage and Project Greenlight. He has also produced several films, including Manchester by the Sea and Manchester by the Sea.
Damon has also been involved in several philanthropic endeavors. He is a co-founder of the non-profit organization Water.org, which works to provide clean water to people in developing countries.
He also supports the ONE Campaign, an organization that fights extreme poverty and preventable disease.
Awards and Honors
Matt Damon has won many awards throughout his career, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
He has also been nominated for several other awards, including an Emmy and BAFTA awards.
In 2007, Damon was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People.
In 2013, Damon was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are teaming up again to produce and star in a new movie about Nike.
This is not the first time that Damon and Affleck have teamed up on a project – the two worked together on the 1997 movie “Good Will Hunting.” Knight, who started Nike with just $50, has called the film an “origin story” of sorts.
“I love him,” Damon says of Affleck. “Like, I really, really genuinely like him. He’s a good man. We have differences, but that’s the great part about my job I get to parachute into other people’s lives.” ‘There’s absolutely no diplomacy,’ Damon says on working with Ben Affleck
As Damon’s performance in Stillwater generates awards buzz, he’s getting ready to release The Last Duel in October.
He co-wrote the medieval-era film with his childhood best friend and Good Will Hunting collaborator, Ben Affleck and Nicole Holofcener.
While no release date has been announced, filming is scheduled to begin this fall. It’s unclear whether or not any other cast members have been lined up as of yet.