Miley Cyrus is no stranger to criticism. Since she exploded onto the scene as a teenager on Disney Channel’s “Hannah Montana,” she has been in the public eye. And with that level of fame comes intense scrutiny.
Over the years, Miley has been through many highs and lows – personally and professionally.
But through it all, she has managed to maintain her integrity and reinvent herself repeatedly.
Miley Cyrus is a singer and actress who has been in the spotlight since she was 11. She started her career as a child star on the T.V. show, “Hannah Montana.”
After spending more than ten years in the public eye, Miley decided it was time to change.
In 2013, she released her album “Bangerz” and kicked off her career revolution. Here are some things Miley did to transform her life and career.
Miley Cyrus has come a long way since her days as the innocent Disney starlet.
In recent years, she’s made a name for herself as an envelope-pushing artist who isn’t afraid to push boundaries.
Her career transformation has been anything but graceful or easy!
Miley Ray Cyrus (born Destiny Hope Cyrus) is a singer, songwriter, and actress from the United States.
Her music incorporates elements of various styles and genres, including pop, country pop, hip hop, experimental, and rock, and she is known for her distinctive raspy voice.
She has the most U.S. Billboard 200 top-five albums by a female artist in the twenty-first century, with thirteen entries.
8 Things She Did to Transform Her Life and Career
1. Ditched Her Good Girl Image
Miley Cyrus was known for her wholesome image on “Hannah Montana.” She was the all-American girl next door with a heart of gold.
But as Miley got older, she started to rebel against her good-girl image. In 2010, she posed for a racy photoshoot with Annie Leibovitz for “Vanity Fair.” The photos caused a stir because Miley was only 15 years old.
Miley was also criticized for her MTV Video Music Awards performance in 2013, where she twerked on stage with Robin Thicke.
2. Pushed the Boundaries With Her Music
Miley’s music has always been pop-friendly, but she started to push the boundaries with her sound after “Hannah Montana” ended.
Her album “Bangerz” featured edgier tracks like “We Can’t Stop” and “Wrecking Ball.” The music video was a departure from her earlier work, which was geared toward a younger audience.
3. Got Candid About Her Personal Life
Miley has always been open about her personal life, but she became even more candid after turning 18.
In an interview with “Rolling Stone” in 2013, she talked about her use of marijuana and ecstasy. She was also open about her sexuality, telling the magazine she was “pansexual.”
4. Became a Political Activist
Miley has always used her platform to speak about causes she cares about. But she became even more involved in political activism after Donald Trump was elected president.
Miley has been outspoken about her opposition to the Trump administration. She’s also used her platform to raise awareness about other important issues, like gun control and climate change.
5. Started Her Businesses
Miley has always been entrepreneurial, but she started to focus on her business ventures.
In 2015, she launched her happy hour drink line called “Smilers.” She also has her clothing line called “Miley Cyrus & Max Azria.”
6. Became a Mentor to Young Girls
Miley has always been a role model for young girls, but she started to focus on mentorship.
In 2015, she launched the Happy Hippie Foundation, a non-profit organization that helps homeless and LGBT youth.
Miley has also been outspoken about the importance of body confidence and self-acceptance. In 2016, she posted a series of nude photos to Instagram with the caption “Free the Nipple.”
7. Got Sober
In 2018, Miley Cyrus decided to give up alcohol and marijuana. She said she wanted to be sober to be a better role model for her younger fans.
Miley has been open about her sobriety journey, and she’s even made songs about it. In 2019, she released the single “Mother’s Daughter” about empowering women.
8. Focused on Her Health
Miley has always been healthy, but she focused on her physical and mental health after she got sober.
In 2019, she opened up about her struggle with anxiety and how she’s working to manage it. She’s also been candid about her battle with endometriosis, which affects female reproductive health.
Miley Cyrus has won numerous awards throughout her career, including five MTV Video Music Awards and seven Grammy Awards.
- In 2013, she was honored with the MTV Vanguard Award. The award is given to artists who have significantly impacted pop culture.
- In 2014, she was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2019, Miley was named one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people.
• 2007: Meet Miley Cyrus (as debut album)
• 2008: Breakout
• 2010: Can’t Be Tamed
• 2013: Bangerz
• 2015: Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz
• 2017: Younger Now
• 2019: She Is Coming
• 2010: Miley Cyrus: Live at the O2
• 2014: Bangerz Tour
• 2010: The Time of Our Lives
• 2006: Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus
As lead artist
- “See You Again” (2007)
- “7 Things” (2008)
- “The Climb” (2009)
- “Can’t Be Tamed” (2010)
- “We Can’t Stop” (2013)
- “Wrecking Ball” (2013)
- “Malibu” (2017)
- “Younger Now” (2017)
- “Mother’s Daughter” (2019)
As featured artist
- “Old Town Road (Remix)” with Lil Nas X (2019)
• Best of Both Worlds Tour (2007–08)
• Wonder World Tour (2009)
• Gypsy Heart Tour (2011)
• Bangerz Tour (2014)
• Milky Milky Milk Tour (2015)
• Wonder World Tour (2016)
• Jolene Tour (2017)
• Hannah Montana: Best of Both Worlds Concert (2008)
• Hannah Montana (2006–11)
• Two and a Half Men (2012)
• Saturday Night Live (2013, 2015, 2019)
• The Voice (2016–17)
As an actress
• Big Fish (2003)
• Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009)
• So Undercover (2012)
• A Very Murray Christmas (2015)
• Crisis in Six Scenes (2016)
Miley Cyrus has been involved in several charitable organizations and causes throughout her career.
- In 2011, she founded the Happy Hippie Foundation, a non-profit organization that helps homeless and LGBTQ youth.
- In 2013, she donated $500,000 to the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
- In 2017, she partnered with Planned Parenthood to launch the “Don’t F*ck With My Freedom” campaign. The campaign aims to raise awareness about reproductive rights and access to healthcare.
- In 2019, she donated $1 million to the California wildfire relief efforts.
Miley Cyrus has launched several business ventures throughout her career.
- 2006: a clothing line called “Miley World.”
- 2009: a jewelry line called “Stardust Kidz.”
- 2010: a line of fashion dolls called “My Scene Miley Cyrus.”
- 2011: a line of party supplies called “Party in the U.S.A.”
- 2012: a line of twerk-themed merchandise called “Twerk Team.”
- 2013: a line of Viva Glam lipstick with M.A.C. Cosmetics.
- 2014: a line of sneakers with Keds.
- 2017: a clothing line with Forever 21.
- 2019: a line of vegan leather purses with Amazon.
Miley Cyrus was born in Nashville, Tennessee, on November 23, 1992. She is the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus and his wife, Tish.
Miley has five siblings: two half-sisters, two half-brothers, and one stepsister.
Miley Cyrus was married to actor Liam Hemsworth from 2018 to 2019. The couple first met in 2009 on the set of the film “The Last Song.”
In 2015, Miley came out as pansexual. In 2017, she revealed that she is genderqueer and uses both she/her and they/them pronouns.
Miley was one of the first celebs to support Wildflower cases, much like other A-list celebrities like Bella Hadid, Addison Rae, etc.
Miley Cyrus is a dog lover and has owned several dogs throughout her life.
She has seven dogs: Bean, Mary Jane, Happy, Penny Lane, Ronnie, Lila, and Ziggy.
Miley proves that you can change and grow without losing your sense of self.
She’s become a more confident and empowered woman, using her platform to make a difference in the world. We can’t wait to see what she does next!